Road Test Booking
Road test maybe booked, cancelled or re-scheduled by the following method.
- Internet – You will be re-directed to the Ministry’s website to book the test.
- DriveTest Locations
- Automated Phone booking line at 1-888-570-6110 or 416-325-8580
The Automated Phone booking line provides you with the following options on the main menu:
- Book, cancel, reschedule or confirm a road test – say “road test” or press 1
- Information on a specific drive test or to contact a centre – say “drivetest” or press 2
- Licencing information such as payment, identification and testing, licence exchange or commercial licencing – say “licencing” or press 3
- Government numbers – say “other numbers” or press 4
Please be aware that if you are re-scheduling your road test appointment through the internet, you will be required to cancel a previous appointment before you are able to view other dates available. If you cancel a previous road test appointment less than 48 hours before the scheduled road test, you will lose your road test fee. Also see notes at the bottom of the page.
The MTO road test booking site works best with Internet Explorer 6.0 and above. If this is not compatible with your system and you need to book, confirm, cancel, or reschedule a road test, please contact the Automated Road Test Booking line at 1-888-570-6110 or 416-325-8580.
You will be required to provide your Ontario Driver's Licence number and your Driver's Licence Expiry date when you book a road test. Please note that if you were issued a temporary driver's licence, the expiry date on the temporary driver's licence is not the expiry date required. If you are unsure of your expiry date;
When booking your road test on the internet, please ensure you print your confirmation page before you exit the page. The confirmation page will indicate your test date and the DriveTest Centre of your test booking. You will be unable to print the confirmation page if you exit before the page is displayed.
All road test fees must be pre-paid at the time of booking an appointment. You may pre-pay your road test fee using a credit card (Visa, MasterCard or American Express) if you are booking an appointment over the phone or the Internet. Cash, Debit Card, Credit Card, Certified Cheque, Traveller’s Cheque, Bank Draft or Money Order can be used if booking in person at a DriveTest Centre.
How do I pre-pay for a road test if I don’t have a credit card?
Payments can be made at all DriveTest Centres by Cash, Debit Card, Certified Cheque, Traveller’s Cheque, Bank Draft or Money Order. You can also mail a Certified Cheque or Money Order, made payable to DriveTest, to the DriveTest Centre where the road test will be conducted. Your cover letter must include your name, address, phone number and driver’s licence number.
It is recommended that you arrive 30 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment* in order to initiate all processing before the scheduled time of the road test and to complete the check-in procedures. Failure to arrive on time for the appointment may result in the test being cancelled and loss of the test fees.
*Scheduled appointment/test time for each applicant is subject to change without notice
You are required to give 48 hours notice of test cancellation to avoid loss of the test fee.
If you cancel your road test three times online (internet and automated telephone booking), the system will block you from booking a fourth time and you may have to contact DriveTest to book your next road test appointment.
Novice class applicants may not book a road test after the date of licence expiry and are required to re-commence the graduated licencing system. Please be aware that tests booked in contravention of this policy will not be facilitated and unused appointment fees may be invoked.
Applicants may continue to book a road test prior to the date of their licence expiry for utilization after expiry, however if this test is cancelled after the licence expiry date, no further bookings may be made and the applicant is obliged to re-commence the graduated licencing system.
- IF YOU HAVE BOOKED A ROAD TEST FOR A DATE AFTER YOUR CURRENT LICENCE EXPIRY DATE USING THE ON-LINE OR AUTOMATED BOOKING SYSTEM, IT IS STRONGLY RECOMMENDED THAT YOU VISIT A DRIVETEST CENTRE TO OBTAIN YOUR TEMPORARY DRIVER’S LICENCE (TDL) AS EVIDENCE OF YOUR AUTHORITY TO DRIVE.
- DRIVETEST DOES NOT ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR ERRORS MADE BY APPLICANTS WHEN USING THE INTERNET AND AUTOMATED BOOKING SYSTEMS.
- IF YOU ARE ON A BEGINNER DRIVER EDUCATION (BDE) CERTIFICATION PROGRAM, YOU MUST BE CERTIFIED BY YOUR BDE COURSE PROVIDER OR DRIVING SCHOOL BEFORE YOU CAN BOOK A ROAD TEST OR YOU WILL NOT BE TAKEN OUT ON YOUR ROAD TEST AND LOSE 50% OF YOUR ROAD TEST FEE. IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF YOUR BDE COURSE PROVIDER OR DRIVING SCHOOL TO SUBMIT YOUR COURSE COMPLETION INFORMATION TO THE MINISTRY OF TRANSPORTATION IN ORDER FOR YOUR DRIVER RECORD TO BE UPDATED AND YOUR ELIGIBILITY DATE REDUCED.
- YOU WILL BE UNABLE TO TAKE A ROAD TEST IF YOUR LICENCE IS UNDER SUSPENSION.
Click here to review the requirements needed for your road test.